A curiosity-driven and open-minded biochemist
Saskia Gressel works in the Biotechnology practice group and specializes in sequencing technologies, genome engineering, gene therapy and biological therapeutics. Saskia has been involved in patent prosecution before the European Patent Office (EPO) and German Patent and Trademark Office (GPTO) and has assisted in several opposition cases of European patents. Saskia has experience in drafting patent applications for new and developing products and methods.
Saskia’s approach relies on combining her attention to detail with a holistic view for problem-solving. She thrives on helping clients by making use of her expertise in molecular biology and her passion for intellectual property.
Prior to joining the firm in 2020 as a trainee patent attorney, Saskia earned her B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Chemistry and Biochemistry from LMU Munich. As part of her degree, she trained with Prof. Jennifer Doudna (Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2020) at UC Berkeley, California Institute for Quantitative Bioscience (qb3) and worked at Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in Berlin. She built on this with her doctorate at the Max Planck Institute (MPI) for Biophysical Chemistry in Göttingen under the mentorship of Prof. Patrick Cramer. Saskia’s doctoral research focused on transcription kinetics of human cancer cells. Her work has been published in top scientific journals including Nature Communications and Science. During her time at the MPI, she was involved in organizing several conferences and running events for scientific networking.
Outside of work, Saskia trains in Barre and Rocket Yoga, enjoys the cultural delights of Munich and listening to podcasts.
- Dr. rer. nat. by Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, doctoral program “Molecular Biology of Cells” by the Göttingen Graduate Center for Neurosciences, Biophysics, and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB) / Max Planck Institute (MPI) for Biophysical Chemistry in Göttingen
- M. Sc. in Biochemistry at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) Munich
- B. Sc. in Chemistry and Biochemistry at LMU Munich
- European Patent Attorney
- German Patent Attorney
- Representative before the Unified Patent Court
- German Patent Attorney Bar Association (Patentanwaltskammer)