Experienced in all patent matters
Georg Siegert, European and German patent attorney, is a partner in HOFFMANN EITLE’s Electrical Engineering and Digital Technologies practice group. He also co-supervises HOFFMANN EITLE’s filing department.
With more than 25 years of experience in the IP field, Georg has helped clients in all aspects of patent protection, including advising inventors, drafting patent applications, prosecuting patent applications before the German PTO and the EPO, handling oppositions, and managing patent invalidation proceedings in pan-European litigation projects, including arguing several cases before the German Court of Justice (Bundesgerichtshof). His technical focus is computer related inventions, digital communication technology, semiconductors, optical and electronic systems for vehicles, and medical systems.
He has degrees in physics from the University of Ulm and the Université de Paris VII, and a doctorate in electrical engineering from the University of the Federal Armed Forces, Munich, for a thesis in cooperation with industrial R&D at Siemens AG.
When away from the office, Georg likes to relax in his garden or root for his favorite football team.
- Studied physics at the University of Ulm and the Université de Paris VII, emphasis on theoretical physics and solid state physics.
- Maître en Physique in 1986. Dipl.-Phys. in 1989.
- Doctoral thesis at the University of the Federal Armed Forces, Munich, in cooperation with industrial R&D at Siemens AG, on sub-micron transistors. Doctorate awarded in 1994.
- German Patent Attorney (1998)
- European Patent Attorney (1999)
- German Patent Attorney Bar Association
Georg has been recommended by legal 500, recognized as an IP Star (Managing Intellectual Property 2020) and included among Best Lawyers in Germany (Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers 2020 and 2021).