A dynamic litigator and balanced negotiator
Clemens Tobias Steins, attorney-at-law, is a partner in HOFFMANN EITLE’s patent litigation and licensing practice group.
After working first in technology law and M&A, Tobias has specialized in patent litigation for 15 years. He represents predominantly Japanese and US clients in large‑scale patent litigation projects, mainly in the fields of pharma/biotech and electronics. He is an experienced coordinator and known to develop a thorough understanding also of the technical aspects of a case. He is recommended as a patent litigator in the legal trade magazine Juve.
In addition to counseling clients in non-contentious patent law matters, Tobias also enjoys drafting and negotiating license and R&D agreements.
Tobias is fluent in English and, upon working in a law firm in Tokyo for some years, has a basic proficiency in Japanese.
To decompress Tobias competes in ballroom dancing (Latin and Standard Dances).
- Saarbrücken University (law degree, 1995)
- Saarbrücken University (PhD in law, 1998)
- Higher Regional Court Düsseldorf (bar exam, 1998)
- National University of Ireland/University College Dublin Postgraduate Program International Commercial Law (LL.M., 1999)
- German attorney-at-law
- Representative before the Unified Patent Court
- Munich Bar Association