Gustavo Fúster Olaguibel
Director HOFFMANN EITLE S.L.U.
MBA, Pharmacist, Spanish Attorney-at-Law, Spanish and European Patent Attorney Languages ES | EN Biotechnology Team Encrypted E-mail to Gustavo Fúster Olaguibelmore information
T +34 91 782 27 80
Paseo de la Castellana, 140 3º
Building meaningful connections through innovation
Gustavo Fúster is a patent professional with over 15 years of experience within the field of life sciences patents.
Gustavo first worked as an in-house IP manager and patent specialist in a Spanish biotech firm which provided him with experience in experience in the field of monoclonal antibodies and adult stem cell technology. He then worked in a Spanish patent firm from 2009 to 2011.
He was Director of the Technology Transfer Office of the Andalusian Public Healthcare System from 2009 to 2011, were he gained practical experience in Spanish civil, administrative and commercial law, and in advanced therapies (stem cells and tissue engineering, nanotechnology and gene therapy).
In 2007, he qualified as a Spanish Patent & Trademark Attorney (“Agente de la Propiedad Industrial”), and European Patent Attorney in 2008. He obtained the CEIPI Diploma in Patent Litigation in Europe in 2011.
In 2011, he joined HOFFMANN EITLE and has since then focused on advising Spanish client’s represented by universities, research institutions, small biotech and mid-pharma companies.
His work is quite diverse within the field of life sciences. As part of his activities at HOFFMANN EITLE, he further conducts opinion work such as validity opinions, freedom-to-operate analyses and infringement assessments.
Prior to working as a patent attorney, Gustavo graduated as a pharmacist and a lawyer, and completed a MBA in biotechnology from Aliter International Business School.
- Master of Science (MSc) in Pharmaceutical Medicine from the Complutense University of Madrid (1995-2001)
- Master's in Business Administration in Biotechnology from Aliter International Business School (2001-2002)
- Law degree from the Spanish National University of Distance Education (UNED) (2004 to 2012)
- Master´s degree on Organic Chemistry (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) (2012-2014)
- Diploma course on European Patent Litigation by the University of Strasbourg (2010-2011)
- Spanish Patent & Trademark Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Colegio de Agentes de la Propiedad Industrial (COAPI)
- Recommended as Patent Attorney in Spain by IAM 1000 (2021 & 2022)