Mike Gruber, attorney-at-law and UPC Representative, is a partner in HOFFMANN EITLE’s patent litigation practice group. He has been representing and advising large and medium-sized companies in international patent disputes in all fields of technology with a focus on medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotech, and telecommunication including infringement, entitlement and compulsory license proceedings.
Mike has been recognized as an IP Star (Managing IP), as “a great partner with a lot of experience, his legal understanding and understanding of the technical aspects of a case is also excellent” and being “very good and tech-savvy” by Legal 500 and included among Best Lawyers in Germany for Intellectual Property Law (Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers). In 2023, he was nominated by Managing IP as Practitioner of the Year in Germany.
Mike has published articles in the field of intellectual property and regularly gives lectures on patent and civil procedure law. He holds an LL.M. in Intellectual Property (The George Washington University). Before joining HOFFMANN EITLE, he has worked as a student assistant at the Munich Intellectual Property Law Center (MIPLC) and interned at the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC).
Mike also volunteers as an emergency medical technician at a large international humanitarian organization and has been awarded federal and state decorations.
- University of Munich (Bar Exam 2010)
- The George Washington University (Washington D.C., USA): Master of laws program in Intellectual Property Law (LL.M. IP 2011)
- German attorney-at-law
- Commercial mediator (MuCDR) (2012)
- UPC Representative (2023)
- Munich Bar Association
- IP Star (Managing Intellectual Property 2020-2021)
- Best Lawyers in Germany for Intellectual Property (Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers 2021 and 2022).
- Legal500 (2022): "Mike Gruber is a great partner with a lot of experience. His legal understanding and understanding of the technical aspects of a case is also excellent."
- Legal500 (2023): “Mike Gruber: Very good and tech-savvy.”